- Applicants must be undergraduate students.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident status is required.
- Applicants should be able to work as NSF fellows for 7 weeks. Starting date is flexible.
- NSF REU fellows will receive stipend and reimbursement for travel to a conference.
- Applications from underrepresented groups are encouraged.
- A CV
- One page double spaced statement of interest.
- Contacts (email and phone #) of two referees.
NSF REU Fellow Opportunity
7 Weeks during June, 2017 - August, 2017
The NSF Spatiotemporal Innovation Center (STC) is looking for 4 - 6 undergraduate research assistants to serve as NSF REU Summer Fellows in 2017. They will potentially work at George Mason University Site (Fairfax, VA), Harvard University site (Cambridge, MA), or University of California, Santa Barbara site (Santa Barbara, CA) depends on funding availability from NSF.
This opportunity is supported by the National Science Foundation (NSF) I/UCRC and Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) Programs which enable undergraduate students to obtain research experience and consider a career path in spatiotemporal domains (e.g., CS, GIS, Geosciences, etc.). NSF REU Student interns will work in a team with graduate students, postdocs, and faculty at one of the three center sites and will conduct research related to spatiotemporal issues. NSF fellows also have the opportunity to attend a professional conference to present their research results. Students may participate in various projects.
A complete application includes:
Application Deadline: Review of applications will start on March 30, 2017 and end until the position is filled up.
Submit your application at: